Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quarter 3 in Review 2011

Last year when I was finishing 5th grade, I thought 6th grade was going to be really hard and that I might not survive the changes such as grades and different classes. Also the lockers.

Actually, I found out that 6th grade was quite easy but a little hard because the classes were a bit harder than I thought they would be.

I thought that memorizing our locker combos and opening and closing our lockers was going to be hard but it turned out to be easy.

I thought that Math class and Science class were going to be easy but it turned out to be hard.

Something I had no idea about, but turned out to be important was that we had Computers as a Quarter Class. I didn't know how much it would help me.

August 12 was the first day of school. I remember being very lost in the hallways of Middle School, just standing there, not knowing what to do or where to go. That was until I met a friend I knew who is 8th grade that knew what it felt like to be a newbie in Middle School.

During August, after school activities began, I because used to all the ways of being in Middle School and fit in. I have participated in many sports such as SAISA Swimming, Girls Soccer and Basketball, and SAISA Track and Field. I remember having trouble remembering my locker combo.

September 24 we had class retreats. I remember the egg-protection project, where we had to cover an egg using straws paper and cotton to protect and prevent it from cracking when falling from a 2 meter drop.

We had a well deserved Winter Holiday. During the holiday I went to Thailand and Nepal with my entire family and I had lots of fun and had an exciting adventure in Koh Samui, Thailand.

Class trips are were last month and I will always remember the river in Sylhet and how we were splashing and playing around in the river and trying to take Mr. Hansen down. We failed.

There have been a lot of changes this year. Something I am really good at is sports, especially swimming and track and field because of the practice that I got throughout the year.

Something I am not so good at is soccer but I tried.

Something I would like to improve on is Science. Because I didn't do so good in science in Quarter 2  and I just need a little practice.

I helped someone else to build a raft in Sylhet and to get help from the nurse in SAISA when they were hurt.

Next quarter I am hoping to maintain good grades and do well in both academics and sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment